Dr. Calvin Jung
Dr. Calvin Jung is board eligible in cosmetic surgery. His expertise is in liposculpture and brazillian butt lifting. Dr. Jung has trained around the country learning the cutting edge techniques of lipocontouring and fat transfer.
Dr. Jung grew up in Vancouver, Canada. He earned his M.D. at the prestigious New York University School of Medicine, which is ranked # 14 nationwide by US News. After completing his MD at NYUSOM, he completed a six-year residency focusing on facial aesthetics and reconstruction. Dr. Jung’s training focused extensively on reconstruction of the face following trauma and tumor ablation. This training gave Dr. Jung a keen understanding and appreciation for aesthetics. Upon completion of his residency, Dr. Jung completed a prestigious and intensive full body and cosmetic surgery fellowship through the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. During his fellowship Dr. Jung trained extensively in all areas of cosmetic surgery and completed over 1,300 major surgical procedures.
Dr. Jung has had the honor of lecturing nationwide on aesthetic surgery of both the face and body. In addition, Dr. Calvin Jung has been faculty for multiple live aesthetic workshops training physicians around the world on cosmetic surgery. Dr. Jung is excited to join the Elite Body Sculpture team in Houston and transform lives through the revolutionary Airsculpt® technology.
- American Association of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- University of British Columbia (Vancouver, British Columbia) – BS Biochemistry
- New York University School of Medicine – (New York, NY) – Doctor of Medicine
- New York University School of Medicine (New York, NY) – General Surgery
- New York University/Bellevue Hospital Center – (New York, NY)
HONORS & AWARDS
- Poster Award Winner: Reconstruction: Supraclavicular Island Flap as a salvage Flap for failed microvascular free flaps: Poster Presentation
- NYU School of Medicine: Medicine Clerkship Outstanding Essay in Medical Humanism
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Society Induction: Admission to the Omega Chapter is based on scholarship and character as determined by active members
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dental Implant Award.
- Delta Dental Leadership Award: presented to 2 graduated of each dental class who demonstrated strong leadership, potential, service to the community and a commitment to further dental health
- NYU College of Dentistry: Overall #1 third year dental student Clinic Award Achievement
- NYU College of Dentistry: Top Clinical Achievement Award
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Outstanding Student Award: Third Year Dental Student, NYUCD Chapter
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Outstanding Student Award: Second Year Dental Student, NYUCD Chapter
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Outstanding Student Award: First Year Dental Student, NYUCD Chapter
- University of British Columbia Scientific Research Scholarship Award
- University of British Columbia: Golden Key Award
- Jung C, Cuzalina A, Cleft Rhinoplasty. Clinics of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. (in print)
- Jung C, Lee CY, Grigg ME. “The SRS superfamily of Toxoplasma surface proteins.” International Journal of Parasitology. 2004 Mar 9;34(3):285-96.
- Vaudaux JD, Muccioli C, James ER, Silveira C, Magargal SL, Jung C, Dubey JP, Jones JL, Doymaz MZ, Bruckner DA, Belfort R Jr, Holland GN, Grigg ME. Identification of an atypical strain of toxoplasma gondii as the cause of a waterborne outbreak of toxoplasmosis in Santa Isabel do Ivai, Brazil. Journal of Infectious Disease 2010 Oct 15;202(8): 1226-33