Dr. Joshua Cox
Dallas and Houston, TX
Dr. Joshua Cox is a highly-trained plastic and reconstructive surgeon specializing in cosmetic and reconstructive procedures of the breast and body. He has a discerning eye for beauty and finds great satisfaction in tirelessly striving to produce consistent and safe results.
A native of Dallas, Dr. Cox wanted to remain close to his family while pursuing his education. He chose to attend Baylor University in Waco where he received his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Psychology and Biochemistry, respectively. During this time Dr. Cox went on his first medical mission trip to Peru and upon his return made the decision to answer the calling of medicine. He was accepted to Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, which ranks #1 in primary care nationally according to the US News & World Report.
Upon receiving his medical degree, Dr. Cox matched into a top five nationally ranked, integrated Plastic Surgery Residency program at Baylor College of Medicine in The Texas Medical Center. Here he rotated through top tier hospitals such as M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, The Houston Methodist and Texas Children’s Hospital. He was able to grow and refine his surgical skills through exposure to unique cases involving microsurgical reconstruction of breast and head and neck cancer defects, repair of pediatric congenital defects such as cleft lip and correction of aesthetic deformities through breast augmentation, abdominoplasty and liposuction with fat transfer. During residency Dr. Cox was invited to present his award-winning research at multiple local and state meetings and had numerous papers published in top scientific journals within his field.
Amongst his patients and his colleagues, Dr. Cox is known for his engaging bedside manner and relentless pursuit of patient satisfaction. Communication and honesty are the pillars of Dr. Cox’s practice and it is through strict adherence to this dogma that he is able to safely provide patients with the results they desire.
In his spare time, Dr. Cox enjoys reading, staying active in the gym and being on the water. He volunteers through Habitat for Humanity, The Houston Food bank and Lakewood Church. He is also active in his local chapter of MENSA and is currently preparing for his annual surgical mission trip to the Dominican Republic.
- Baylor University—BA (Psychology and Chemistry)
- Baylor University—MS (Biochemistry)
- Baylor College of Medicine—MD
- Baylor College of Medicine—Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery residency
- Memorial Hermann Hospital—Full Privileges
- Clear Lake Regional Medical Center—Full Privileges
- Methodist St. John Hospital—Full Privileges
- Bay Area Surgicare Center—Full Privileges
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Houston Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Society
- MENSA, High IQ Society
- Common Pediatric Skin Lesions:A Comprehensive Review of the Current Literature Faryan Jalalabadi, Jeffrey G. Trost, Joshua A. Cox, Edward L. Lee, Crystal Y. Pourciau. Seminars in Plastic Surgery 2016; 30(03): 091-097
- Update on Postsurgical Scar Management Sarah Jane Commander, Edward Chamata, Joshua A. Cox, Ryan M. Dickey, Edward L. Lee. Seminars in Plastic Surgery 2016 30(03): 122-128
- Noninvasive Facial Rejuvenation. Part 2: Physician-Directed: Neuromodulators and Fillers Ryan M. Dickey, Matthew R. Louis, Joshua A. Cox, Kriti Mohan, Marjory Nigro. Seminars in Plastic Surgery 2016; 30(03): 134-142
- Treatment of Infected Facial Implants Kriti Mohan, Joshua A. Cox, Ryan M. Dickey, Paula Gravina, Anthony Echo, Shayan A. Izaddoost, Anh H. Nguyen Seminars in Plastic Surgery 2016; 30(02): 078-082
- Etiology, Prevention, and Management f infectious Complications of Dermal Fillers Ryan D. Wagner, Abdullah Fakhro, Joshua A. Cox, Shayan A. Izaddoost. Seminars in Plastic Surgery 2016; 30(02): 083-086
- Vascular Malformations: A Review. Cox, J. A., Bartlett, E., Lee, E. I.; Semin Plast Surg. 2014 Jul 22.
- A Split Latissimus Dorsi/Serratus Anterior muscle flap used for traumatic wrist and forearm reconstruction Chuma J. Chike-Obi M.D., Colton H. Nichols B.S., Joshua Cox M.D., Bauer Horton M.D., Larry H. Hollier M.D.; European Journal of Plastic Surgery. 2012 Dec; 35(12): 909-911.
- Sunscreens: Evolving Aspects of Sun Protection John C. Koshy M.D., Safa E. Sandoval M.D., David Jerkins B.S., Joshua Cox B.A., Larry H. Hollier Jr. M.D.; Journal of Pediatric Health Care. 2010 Sep-Oct; 24(5): 343-346.
- Facial Fat Compartments: A Guide to Filler Placement Safa E. Sandoval, M.D., Joshua A. Cox, B.A., John C. Koshy, M.D., Daniel A. Hatef, M.D., Larry H. Hollier, M. D.; Seminars in Plastic Surgery. 2009 Nov; 23(4):283-287.