Dr. Adam Schaffner
Triple board-certified & fellowship-trained plastic surgeon Dr. Schaffner specializes in aesthetic procedures of the face, breast, and body. He says, “My mission is providing the highest quality patient care combined with beautiful results.” Dr. Schaffner has performed over 1,000 AirSculpt® procedures. With a medical degree from Rush Medical College of Rush University in Chicago, he is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and American Board of Otolaryngology (head and neck surgery).
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
- New York State Society of Plastic Surgeons
- New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons
- New York Facial Plastic Surgery Society
- American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- New York State Society of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- New York County Medical Society
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- Emory College of Emory University (Atlanta, GA) – Bachelor of Science
- Rush Medical College of Rush University (Chicago, IL) – Doctor of Medicine
- Detroit Medical Center / Wayne State University School of Medicine (Detroit, MI) – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Stony Brook University Medical Center (Stony Brook, NY) – Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Stony Brook University Medical Center (Stony Brook, NY) – Surgery
- Georgetown University Hospital (Washington, DC) – Aesthetic Plastic and Breast Surgery
- Mittelman Facial Plastic Surgery Center (Los Altos, CA) – Advanced Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Honors and Awards
- Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. Regional Top Doctor and New York Metro Top Doctor
- New York SuperDoctor®
- Marquis Who’s Who in America
- Marquis Who’s Who in the World
- Marquis Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare
- Consumers’ Research Council of America’s Guide to America’s Top Plastic Surgeons
- Consumers’ Research Council of America’s Guide to America’s Top Surgeons
- Consumers’ Research Council of America’s Guide to America’s Top Physicians
Original Papers in Refereed Journals
- Jacobson JM, Gatti ME, Schaffner AD, Hill LM, Spear SL. “Effect of Incision Choice on Outcomes in Primary Breast Augmentation.” Aesthetic Surgery Journal. May 2012. Volume 32(4): 456-462.
- Spear SL, Schaffner AD, Jespersen MR, Goldstein J. “Donor Site Morbidity and Patient Satisfaction Using a Composite Nipple Graft for Unilateral Nipple Reconstruction in the Radiated and Nonradiated Breast.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. April 2011. Volume 127(4): 1437-1446. Also in “Abstract Supplement.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. October 2010. Volume 126:26.®
- Chaiyasate K, Schaffner AD, Jackson IT, Mittal V. “Comparing FK-506 with Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor (b-FGF) on the Repair of a Peripheral Nerve Defect Using an Autogenous Vein Bridge Model.” Journal of Investigative Surgery. November-December 2009. Volume 22(6):401-5. Erratum in: Journal of Investigative Surgery. February 2010. Volume 23(1):66. Dosage error in article text.
- Balakrishnan C, Narasimhan K, Gursel T, Jackson O, Schaffner AD. “Closure of Orocutaneous Fistula Using a Pedicled Expanded Deltopectoral Flap.” The Canadian Journal of Plastic Surgery. Autumn 2008. Volume 16(3):178-180.
- Samara GJ, Schaffner AD, Eisenstat J, Nguyen HLT. “The Effects of the Plasminogen Pathway on Scar Tissue Formation.” The Laryngoscope. January 2004. Volume 114:46-49.
- Friedman M, Lim JW, Manders E, Schaffner AD, Kirshenbaum GL, Tanyeri HM, Caldarelli DD, and Coon JS. “Prognostic Significance of Bcl-2 and p53 Expression in Advanced Laryngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma.” Head and Neck. April 2001. Volume 23(4):280-285.
- Darling CM, Aldrich N, Schaffner AD. “Hospital and Community in Dialogue: Health and Human Values. A One-Year Community Education Experience.” The Proceedings of the Institute of Medicine of Chicago. Volume 45, Number 2. Annual Meeting Issue. (Oral presentation – August 19-21, 1992, First Annual Chicago Conference on Ethics in Healthcare Institutions. Concurrent Session: Community Education Project. Chicago, Illinois.)
- Spear SL, Clemens MW, Schaffner AD. “Advances in Mastopexy.” Current Reconstructive Surgery. Serletti JM, Taub P, Wu L, Slutsky D, Editors. McGraw-Hill Medical. 2012: 525-540. ISBN-13: 978-0-07-147723-9.
- Spear SL, Schaffner AD, Clemens MW. “Breast Reconstruction with Implants.” Advanced Therapy of Breast Disease. Babiera GV, Skoracki RJ and Esteva FJ, eds. People’s Medical Publishing House. 2012: 643-663. ISBN-13: 978-1-60795-094-3.
- Spear SL, Jespersen MR, Schaffner AD. “Secondary Prosthetic Cases.” Surgery of the Breast: Principles and Art. Third edition. Spear SL, editor. Lippincott. 2010: 476-491. ISBN-13: 978-1605475776.
- Mittelman H, Chrzanowski DS, Schaffner AD. “Mid Forehead ‘Buttonhole’ Eyebrow Elevation.” Simplified Facial Rejuvenation. Shiffman MA, Mirrafati SJ, Lam SM, and Cueteaux CG, eds. Springer. 2008:429-35. ISBN-13: 978-3-540-71096-7.
- Schaffner AD. “Second Time Around: Tackling Challenging Revision Breast Augmentation Cases.” Plastic Surgery Practice. March 2013, pages 16-20.
- Mittelman H, Schaffner AD. “The Eyes Have It: Exploring Lower Lid Blepharoplasty with Fat Repositioning.” Plastic Surgery Products. November 2003, pages 20-22.